On May 22nd, FAC hosted its 40th Anniversary Benefit & Awards Reception at the Brooklyn Museum. As a part of the festivities, fellow honorees included:
People’s Voice Award:
- Juan González, broadcast journalist, investigative reporter, and co-host of Democracy Now!
- Hirschen Singer & Epstein LLP, an outstanding law firm distinguished by the dedication of its leadership and staff to affordable housing development.
- Magnusson Architecture and Planning, PC, a pioneer in outstanding building design and urban revitalization projects.
- Pat Conway, Fifth Avenue Committee’s longest serving Board member and first paid staff member more than 35 years ago.
Rise Up Awards:
- Association for Neighborhood & Housing Development (ANHD), for its outstanding advocacy on behalf of New York City residents and neighborhoods.
- Neighborhoods First Fund, a dynamic collaborative of forward-looking funders who have put together assets in order to invest in community-based planning efforts throughout New York City’s neighborhoods that have been or are being rezoned.
- Pratt Center for Community Development, which has literally led the way in advancing equity, sustainability, local knowledge, and diverse economies.
- LISC NYC & National Equity Fund, two organizations that are a backbone for the community development field.
- Juan Carlos Sosa, a graduate of Fifth Avenue Committee’s adult education program.
Beverly was honored with a Rise Up Award for her service to FUREE as a former member of FUREE’s predecessor, WEP Workers Together!, time as a board member and engagement as a Steering Committee member. In addition, Beverly is a Resident Watch leader at Wyckoff Gardens and Gowanus Superfund CAG member.