Workshop: Know Your Public Housing Rights!
With all this talk about privatization, right-sizing, lack of repairs and new management, it's time we arm ourselves with information and KNOW OUR PUBLIC HOUSING RIGHTS!
Join FUREE for a FREE workshop with Brent Meltzer of South Brooklyn Legal Services and learn what you need to know about:
- non-payment evictions
- termination of tenancy (eviction) for criminal and other activities
- slow and no repairs
- are you paying too much rent?
- apartment succession (passing on your lease)
- under-occupancy/NYCHA making you move to a smaller apartment
- Sandy benefit eligibility (including FEMA aid)
* Open to NYCHA residents, family/caretakers of NYCHA residents and public housing advocates!
* Get your questions answered!
* Learn about how FUREE holds NYCHA accountable!
* Find out how you can help build power to make NYCHA work for its residents!
* Spanish translation available upon request.
RSVP below or send email to valery[at]furee[dot]org.
Brought to you by the Public Housing Organizing Committee of FUREE and South Brooklyn Legal Services.
For more info: contact Valery at the email address above or call 718-852-2960 x. 301
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!