Demand Good Jobs & Fair Development at CITY POINT!
In front of City Point, located at 1 Dekalb Ave off the Fulton Mall (Fulton St.) in Downtown Brooklyn.
Fed up with rich developers taking millions of our tax $$ and then screwing the community with low-wage jobs?!?
---RALLY & PRESS CONFERENCE---
Join hundreds of union workers & community members to demand justice at Downtown BK’s largest development
CITY POINT: A bad deal for Brooklyn!
- Low-wage jobs
- Taxpayer $$ abuse
- Unaffordable housing
- Displaced small businesses
Together we can make City Point developers commit to:
- Use union construction labor with fair wages & benefits!
- Give workers and communities a bang for our buck for the $20 million in bailout funds the developer received!
- Build more real affordable housing for working families, not for people earning six figures!
- Hire local residents for upcoming retail jobs!
- Provide opportunities for local small businesses & those displaced from the Albee Sq. Mall!
City Point sits on public land and gets our tax $$ subsidies… let’s make it truly benefit the public!
SIGN THE PETITION TO CITY POINT DEVELOPERS DEMANDING GOOD JOBS.
FUREE stands with union workers demanding good jobs! Our members who live in the area have been organizing for years to demand accountability from Downtown Brooklyn developers who are tearing our community apart to build luxury towers and mostly bring in low-wage jobs.
RSVP at the Facebook event page for the rally and press conference or contact FUREE directly (see contact info below).
To find out more or to get involved: contact Lucas at lucas [at] furee [dot] org, 718-852-2960 x306 or stop by at 81 Willoughby St. 7th Fl.
|flier for City Point rally on 12.18.12.pdf||752.89 KB|